Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Fairy Door

 A Fairy door...actually this one is located in the Jefferson Market and Cakery in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  There are various locations and sightings of these small doors through out the downtown area.  I was hoping to be able to go to this part of Michigan sometime this summer, visit some of these sites and also where my family lived and farmed.  My ancestors  settled in this area around 1836.  My Dad's Father's family came from Germany, my Dad's Mother's  family came from Western New York State.  A history book of this area describes the Latham family and surprisingly there are actual photographs of the family.  Next year with wings on, I will be able to go and visit.  There are more fairy doors to locate and I know more relatives to meet. Jefferson Market and Cakery

No comments:

Post a Comment