Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Tick

Seems this area of Maryland has ticks...those wonderful blood sucking insects.  Yesterday we burned two of them off of Chloe, they were attached to her ears.  Had a long and sleepless night, hearing noises in the house, sounded like someone shuffling up and down the stairs, and my bed partners being two restless dogs, with two hours I noticed some discomfort on my chin.  It felt ichy  and a little sour, checked my face in the mirror and much to my dismay...I saw a tick with the skin around it, disclored.  This was at 8:00, Keith was gone, Krista wouldn't be up for a couple of hours, so I looked up what to do on the net...I couldn't see it well enough to remove it myself...didn't want to leave just the head attached. So I waited...with it feeling more uncomfortable. Then my thoughts turned to Lyme disease, started praying for Krista to get up.  Well she did and the tick after several trys with a hot set of twissors, the critter let go. With the lyme disease scare, I saved it, when I get back I will see if I can get that tick tested in Phoenix. Have a yucky looking spot now...hopefully it goes away soon.
Tomorrow, I am off and running to Washington DC.  Taking the Marc train out of Frederick to Union Station, from there I think I can get a bus to the DAR headquarters, off to the Smithsonian and then I want to see the World War 11 monument.  Should be a fun and exciting day...hope I don't get lost.  Will be taking the train back and then it's off to Ohio for the next part of this trip.  Always good to go home! Ohio!

3 comments:

  1. You may want to warn your daughter.. They have ticks in Idaho too..Stay out of fields and forest. I am so sorry you had to go through that. yuck! I have been lucky but my brother has not! (He is fine by the way no Lyme disease..) Have fun in DC! You will be missed in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, your Gnome is cute but a little creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow jean, i can't imagine how that feels. (not to mention, a little gross). have a great time in washington and ohio too. i know you are going to have a blast. (andrew's baby was born 11-24-09, 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches)
    be safe

    ReplyDelete