Tuesday, December 7, 2010

90 Concrete Tiles Later...Up a Ladder



Part of our keeping our current insurance provider was to replace and repair the broken tiles on our roof. Not an easy task as we have about ten different slopes and separate areas of roofing.  The inspection report said that twenty tiles needed to be removed and replaced...I think the man couldn't count right or he grew tired.  Actually it was more like ninety tiles that had to be carried up the ladder and the old broken tiles were tossed off the roof. When I said tossed off...that's exactly what happened...wherever they would fall or should I say where they were thrown and not by me. Front yard, side yard, rear yard, by the drive way and if you are wondering who got to collect and pick up the broken tiles...look no further...it was me.  See the pile! The dark tiles are actually the ones that were replaced. What a difference in color and we have a pile of the original ones...that's what the sun does to them.  Next project..finding a way to get rid of the pigeons and helping them to find a new roosting place...think it's possible? Dirty birds!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Roofing projects really entail a lot of hard work, even if you’ve got contractors to do the job. And yes, you’ve got to get rid of those birds. I’m all for helping them find a new home, as long as it’s not my roof! I bear no grudge against these winged creatures, but they have great potential of damaging your roof. They may peck and scratch your roofing tiles/shingles, and these may damage your roof. You might find yourself discovering that there are already leaks in your roof, which was supposed to last for years!

    Miley Waterman

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was kinda funny that the inspector of your roof just got tired of counting. Haha It’s good that the broken tiles didn’t hurt anybody when they’re thrown pretty much anywhere. But I think it’s a better idea that they just throw it in one area to lessen the job that needs to be done. Anyway, two years had already passed and I hope the roof is still OK. And oh, I hope you’ve found a new home for the pigeons. :)

    -- Lino Kosters

    ReplyDelete