Thursday, December 16, 2010

"It's Raining...not Snowing"

Rain is softly falling. The view from my front porch! It was a dreary, cool, overcast winter day. While living in Arizona has it advantages, though at Christmas time we get rain instead of snow. I am a midwest girl at heart and I truly love a snowy day with lots of snow on the ground. Hearing the crunch of snow under my feet reminds of the delightful times and adventures I had living back east. I may have to do something to create a snowy environment here. How about the outside decor including many shades of white with lots of glitter to create a winter look? I could hang glass icicles from my tree (I do) or perhaps I need to stack mounds of faux snowballs in outdoor urns and hang snowflakes and icicles from my porch. Not this year though, we have red lights on the porch columns and white cluster lights on the eaves. Looks like a candy cane house when the lights are on. Next year, we'll see what we can add, there's a whole year to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment