Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bling!




There just aren't enough times in one's life when you receive some thing that makes you feel so special. Well do I ever have a pair of earrings that will add bling to anyone.  Lucky, lucky me, I received these beauties for Christmas from my mother and father in law. During my latest trip to Washington DC, I saw them at the Renwick Gallery's store. Thought they were oh so beautiful.  Bling is not usually my style, there was just this special something about this pair, and I thought if I ever had the money I would purchase them.  And we all know how often that happens, not very, we usually forget about the item long before we can remember to get them.
When asked what I wanted for Christmas, I remembered not my two front teeth...but the earrings!  Last night I received them, it was wonderful, and I am going to say enchanting.  They are authentic reproductions of earrings worn by Jackie Kennedy to an official state dinner for Shaw and Empress of Iran on April 11, 1962.  She wore these waterfall earrings, a Sunburst pin in her hair, a Hampton bracelet and an evening gown with a white satin bodice and pink sating bell skirting. Can you imagine the setting, the picture, I can, pure glamour and enchantment.
And now I am a very proud owner of an authentic copy of the one's she wore.  Life sure affords us some wonderful surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment