Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And the day after the first monday...

Yesterday...first monday is so many years that I didn't have a job to go to, felt empty and lost.  Didn't feel right...are we so defined as to our person or well being  that to be complete, acceptable  we are measured by our jobs and ability to produce an income.

First thing in the morning to keep busy I took our dogs, Barkley and Mattie May to the Gilbert dog park.  On the way, the irony hit me, no job, no place to go to earn a living and so a few tears where shed. These tears seem to pop up unexpectantly through out the day...hopefully in the future, it will be less and less.
The park was a success for the dogs...poor little Barkley fell in the lake, but he could swim and swim he did!  And he took to the water like a duck, called him and swam right over to me.  He never has been in a lake...great surprise and relief. And went back in he did to swim some more.
This will have to be a weekly adventure for us. All kinds of dogs and looked like all kinds of humans...good people watching I am sure.  Rough looking characters and the typical house wifes to name a few...we'll see where I fit in in the realm of dog park attendees or the unemployed.

My new challenge is to find all of the freebies and coupon adventures I can. Free money and what else do I have to do...to name a few...
spread cow manure on the front and back yard after planting the winter grass.
added new fall plants to the planters and hanging plants.
changed the front door hanging to Halloween.
cleaned out my car...today, maybe I will wash it.
ordered the replacement part for the diswasher...cost $3.81 and with shipping was $6.10..rip off.
called an old friend to meet for breakfast...will be good to reconnect with her.
cleaned the bathrooms.
entertained the inlaws for dinner.
And that was yesterday.
On to the library to check out books on resume writting.  The fear of not finding a job is real...read the article in Sunday's job section...even with professional resumes and coaching those three women have not found jobs.  Unsure were everything is leading...so scary. And I must admit I am also loney...no one but dogs, cats, kittens and a bird to talk to. No one close at hand to check on or ask how thier day is going. Think I need to get busy quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment