Wednesday, October 7, 2009

One Week Later

Today was interesting, mix of taking some time for me(reconnected with an old friend) and actually  starting the dreaded task of sorting thru some of the items I brought home from work.
Did you ever wonder what to do with the all of the little nick nacks and trickets that collect in your office or  workspace after a number of years?  An elephant from an old friend, gone from this earth or the little bell from Idaho, or the ferry boat from Seattle?  There are pencils for every occasion, pictures of friends and thier childern, cards, caps and visors, an old bottle of what is now vinegar I am sure, a computer gargoyel, can of vienna sausages, an elephant back scratcher, toy trucks, water bottles from a now defunct home builder, a halloween ghost, a small christmas tree, a christmas tree candle holder, a cute taco bell dog complete with sun glasses and cap(he will join the others safe in the house), calender from an old friend, two wall clocks( one from Rich) pins, magnets, a dish full of pennies, pictures from friends, pictures of Christmas's past, a Harry Potter book, my cottage picture, M & M holders, wind chimes, a flag, mugs, a TY puppy (now on the monitor at home), pictures of my dogs that have left this earth and others items I can not think of at this moment...what to do with them?  And of course the wedding picture where I look like I had been drinking for a week. These things have been with me for years and actually I would look at some of them fondly, thinking of the memories almost every day.  Do you leave them in the garage to gather dust and be forgotten or some how incorporate them into your living space? I don't want the memories to fade or the wonderful thoughts behind some of the items.
I sorted thru some of them...until the hurt and tears started, decided on some items that I am worried about getting broked, then came in and got a couple of throws for those boxes which will remain covered for now.  Maybe next week I will be able to sort thru them again. Memories...what a blessing and a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment