Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Beginning


And it has started...I am not much for writting at least not as well as my friends, this will be a new beginning for my writting skills and a life without the daily contact with my friends at work though would rather call them family because they shared my life for the last fifteen years or more.

Yes, I was laid off but I still can smile, get wonderful calls from friends, have lunch with dear dear friends and share some laughs. This will be a continual exercise to keep smiling, at times it seems totally out of control and so sad and others...well it was wonderful and what a life.

Yesterday was my last day at work, turned some projects over to thier new PM's, finished my last time sheet, worked for the last time on Layton Lakes for Jeff Gunderson, finished packing the last few boxes with cherished items and gifts,had lunch with a wonderful young lady who I admire for her courage, thoughtfulness, and funny stories, shared some of the best sweet potatoe fries I have ever had, said good bye to some wonderful people, gave my water gun away, shared smiles and cried with Lani who I consider my second daughter( but don't let her know), laughed with others, had a massage from a wonderful friend, my office was filled for the last time with friends, wishing me well, time spent with Jackie(discuss her later) and after empting the office, leaving the building, walking to my car..there was a sign! No, no a cat! Cats have been overwhelming presence in my live the last few months..no its been kittens..about 20 of them. Well I am digressing, this cat's name is Sonny Boy, a young male cat that lives in the neighborhood and is the spitting image of his father. Jackie and I have been feeding nieghborhood cats for years, Sonny Boy's father was one of the first batch of cats that needed feeding. Haven't seen him for months, the ferels don't show thier faces in the heat of summer, but when it starts cooling off...there they are and there he was. Grown up now and filled out and I firmly believe he was saying good bye. Sat and looked at me and Jackie for a few minutes and then went to the feed bowls, where I took this picture. I must admit I cried for the past and the future, but some how I know it will be alright.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jean. I like the part about lunch with a wonderful young lady! ha! I miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's how i felt too jean. people are lucky to find acquaintences at work let alone friends. i have been lucky to have found people who will be my friends for the rest of my life. i will be forever grateful for cvl to have brought you, amber, john, roy (the list goes on) into my life.

    ReplyDelete